AutoCAD Drafter, Architectural
Hours: 8am-5pm M-F, with overtime as required
Rate of Pay: $** (Based on Experience)
Additional Compensation: Medical, Dental, Vision, Bonus, and 401K after probationary period. Vacation, Sick and paid Holidays.
- Design plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers and architects
- Add details to architectural plans from knowledge of building techniques
- Prepare multiple versions of designs for review by engineers and architects
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures for new products
- Draw architectural and structural features of buildings for residential and commercial construction projects
- Work under the supervision of architect and project managers
- Knowledgeable of design fundamentals, sketching and CADD software
- Revise plans per redlines provided by project managers
- Critical-thinking skills. Drafters are to notice, inform and/or correct problems with design plans.
- Detail oriented. Drafters must pay close attention to details so that the plans they are helping to build are technically accurate to the outlined specifications.
- Math skills. Drafters work with technical drawings that may require solving mathematical calculations involving angles, weights, and costs.
- Technical skills. Drafters must be able to use computer software, such as CADD, and work with database tools, and SketchUp.
- Time-management skills. Drafters often work under strict deadlines. As a result, they must work efficiently in order to produce the required output according to set schedules; versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Computer & technology skills. General understanding of computer programs, email and necessary technologies to perform the job are required.
- Verbal & Written Communication skills. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills including grammar, spelling, proofreading, and editing.
- Building Code. Knowledge of local building code and application to plans.
- Field measurements. Ability to field measure job sites; to perform inspections and make necessary adjustments to conform to job specifications.
- Positive Demeanor. Team members must be positive and willing to work in independently and collaborate in a team environment.
- Drafters must be able to clearly and confidently communicate and report on project status.
- Interpersonal skills. Drafters work closely with clients, architects, project managers, engineers, and other designers to make sure that final plans are accurate. This requires the ability to take advice and constructive criticism, as well as to offer it.
- Time keeping. Drafters must arrive timely and accurately document time spent on projects.
- Overtime is offered and at times expected. The flexibility to work beyond the normal scheduled shift is required.
- Reliable Transportation. At times, the position will require visits to a job site in order to collaborate with architects and engineers, reliable transportation is necessary.
- Ability to make safe decisions and assets risks on jobsites to prevent injury is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate or an associate’s degree is preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD is required.
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Business requirements may frequently necessitate that work be performed after normal work hours or on weekends.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.